Monday, April 16, 2012

It's about time

Hey friends! Did you see my last post? Yep, fall pictures. I decided I'm way overdo for a blog update, especially since my wonderful, amazing, generous husband got me the best Christmas/Anniversary/Birthday present ever and he deserves credit. New floors! I had been begging, yes pleading, for them for months. Our original carpet had taken a beating from the 3, no 6, no 7 boys (gotta love the nephews) coming in and out with their dirty footsies. I knew it would be pointless to replace the old carpet with new just to get destroyed again. I decided to go with a laminate flooring for durability reasons and found this awesome rustic laminate for a heck of a deal.I love how the planks look like reclaimed barn wood. If you know me, you know I like things that look old, rustic, handmade, like they have a history. We carried the flooring throughout the whole main level. I was a little concerned that with all the hard floor we might have a bit of an echoing effect in our home but with the upgraded padding we haven't noticed any difference.I also love that it has been so easy to clean. I just run a damp Mr. Clean microfiber mop over it and it's done. I only use water so not to leave any streaky residue on the floor.We've even fooled a few people into believing that these are real hardwood floors. Now if I can just get my timing right I will start begging for new carpet upstairs and maybe by this time next year...........;)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This is so gorgeous. Very country, very Mindy. :) I love it!