Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Bash Was A Smash!
















We had such a great time at Canyon's halloween party. He was so excited that all his friends were able to come. I was so prepared and had activities planned down to the minute but all that fly's out the window when you have a house full of little boys. It was insane when all the kids were arriving, they were soooo excited. So instead of playing Bingo first we played halloween twister to get our wiggles out. Next we played Bingo and Pratt won both times. A lot of the kids were more interested in eating their candy corns they were using to mark the game board than with playing. It was time for a treat next so I served some minnie PB&J sandwiches, chips, and punch with the ice hand. The fingers fell off the hand and all the boys wanted an ice finger in their cup. Now it was time for the witches lair. I took them into the lair in two groups. Half of the kids were a little nervous about the dark atmosphere so I took them in second with the lights on. After they seen it with lights on they weren't scared anymore and thought it was cool in the dark. They were also able to guess what everything was in the bowls. They liked the liver best. After that I broke out the balloons and we just tried to keep them all from touching the ground. Lots of fun, very loud, and I'm just glad no one got hurt. We finished up by playing duck, duck, goose, but we called it pumpkin, pumpkin, bat. It's funny how such a simple little game is so amusing to children. All in all the party was a success. As for next year, I'm taking a break.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like they had so much fun! I loved when my mom prepared so much to make a great party...he'll always remember that about you.

Shaun said...

You are probably the best mom. I'll be expecting a post about your award for mother of the year! lol That is such a fun idea and Canyon and his friends will always remember it. I taught kindergarten last year so I can really imagine the energy at the party. I say it's okay to take a break for next year! We're glad that you have a blog now. It's fun to keep up on how you guys are doing.

Leeann said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! You go. That's not something I can imagine taking on!
Can I just tell you how cute Canyon is? I help out at the school on Thursdays and he was in my group playing a game. I asked him if his mom's name is Mindy. He said yes, and I said you look just like your Daddy! He just smiled and said, "I know!" :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, my kids had the best time at your party. That is all I have heard about all week. Thanks Mindy!

Natalie said...

Mindy, I think it is hilarious that we are family and I had to find out about your blog through a mutual friend! Anyway- I was very excited to see that you had a blog! Now that we are so far away I love to get a little feel for home! I can't believe your party! That looks like a lot of work and a lot of fun! I hope it is ok that I took a peek into your blog, come over and check ours out too! Hope all is going well with you guys!

Stacy said...

That looks like so much fun! You did a great job!

Lacey Sue said...

Oh my word!! You went all out didn't you?!?! How fun!! I wouldn't have the patience I think, I would get too stressed out! So kudos to you for being able to keep it together...AND let the kids have fun! You are such a fun mommy!! Glad it was a success!

Anonymous said...

Mindy - What a good mom you are. Tiger was lucky to even get a costume this year! You're motivating me to get it together! There's always next year, right? We miss you all so much.