Saturday, January 19, 2013

Update #2

My mom met with her cancer doctor Thursday and has been diagnosed with Large B Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.  It is in stage 4 but is still very treatable and even curable.  The doctor admitted her to the hospital Thursday night and Friday she went through a couple of tests.  First they took a sample of her bone marrow to see it the cancer is there, the doctor does not believe that it is but is doing this as a precaution.  Then she had a PET Scan which will locate all of her "hot spots", or cancer spots. 

Today they are implanting a port under her skin through which they can administer her chemotherapy without having to poke and prod to find a vein each time.  Good thing because she is bruised from elbow to wrist from the last week of I.V.'s.  She will also recieve her first dose of chemo today.  This will be a large dose and the doctor's want to keep her in the hospital until Tuesday so they can monitor its effects on her kidney's and liver. 

I have not been allowed to visit because I have been sick with the flu but I've been talking to her on the phone and she seems to be in good spirits and is ready to fight.  She has also had my dad and brothers with her and they've been waiting on her hand and foot.

It turns out that this is the same cancer that Robbie's mom was diagnosed with and beat over the last year.  This is just crazy to me, what are the odds?  Once my mom gets better I think we better take them on a trip to celebrate.  Disneyland, anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in for DISNEY!! and maybe the Bahamas and Hawaii-----such a crazy year :( I'm SO glad your mom is in good spirits! She will BEAT this. I thought maybe we should get a life-size cut out of Josh Turner for her hospital room !!! lol

Unknown said...

Disneyland here we come!!!!!

So good to hear that her spirits are good. With all she's been through already she's one amazing lady.

She has a lot of people behind her. And the Josh Turner thing should probably be considered......

Hillary Mondragon said...

Mindy, I'm sooo sorry that your family is going through this. Lots of prayers and love being sent your way. If you ever need me to help out with the boys, or deliver a Pepsi, just let me know day or night. Prayin for ya doll!

Unknown said...

Good while blood cells fight cancer

Anonymous said...

金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天