Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Have A Biter



Poor little Rocky gets the brunt of everything. Either Canyon is picking on him or Sawyer won't leave him alone. Last week I noticed these little red scabbed spots on his back and I asked him what happened. He said "Soyo" did it. I didn't think it looked like anything Sawyer could do so I figured the cat had clawed him or something. Later that day I witnessed Sawyer latching onto Rocky's back, pulling him in close, and biting him. This morning Rocky was bitten again on the arm over a fight with the Cocoa Pebbles. How can I stop this? Canyon went through a biting stage when he was almost three, he had several time outs and finally I just bit him back. Not hard enough to break skin, just hard enough that he realized it didn't feel good. He never bit again after that. But Sawyer is only one and so I don't know how to make him understand that he can't do that. The little stinker. He is my Dennis the Menace.

4 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Sadly, it's really common. Bitting is a way kids express frustration, anger, and sometimes, especially when they are teething, it just feels good on their teeth to bite something. See if you can introduce an object (toy, binki, whatever...) that it is okay to bite...and try to explain or show him that it is only okay to bite that object..nothing else!

Robbie's Spot said...

The good news is I just saved a bunch of money with Geico. I'm sure you have it under control.

Anonymous said...

Poor Rocky! The middle child always gets the worst of it--I have no advice. Good Luck:) I'll take him for a few weeks if you want:)

Anonymous said...

Easton was a bitter too...I am sooo sorry...it is very frustrating and difficult to teach such a young child that it isn't okay to bite! I totally can sympathize with you!!