Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Family Tree

Since I was able to get a new Christmas tree this year my poor little 'old' tree was sitting lonely and untouched in the basement. So, yesterday after seeing this adorable idea online I had the urge to put up a second Christmas tree. It only cost me $10 to put this tree together because I had all the other supplies already. First I bought $5 worth of ribbon at Wal-Mart and draped it down the tree top to bottom.
Then I spent another $5 at Real Deals and got these cute star pillows for my tree topper.
I copied several random family photos in black and white, matted them on black cardstock and randomly stuck them throughout the tree.


It really looks adorable and was cheap and easy peasy!

Nestled next to the tree is this family heirloom old rocking chair. My Grandmother was rocked in this chair when she was a baby. I love things with a history.
I hope all my friends an family have a very Merry Christmas! I will enjoy the next two days making cookies, preparing my home for the upcoming festivities, and sipping hot cocoa by the tree.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your house always looks so amazing!! I love the pictures in the tree! And the rocking chair is AWESOME!!! I love having family heirlooms. (I don't have any) Lol!!

Anonymous said...

Love the tree! What a great idea--you can just add photos every year:)

JeaniePalmer said...

It might be "easy peasy" for you! Absolutely darling!