Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Project #1

Here is my beloved OLD changing table I found at the DI for only $20. My original plans were to use it as a potting bench out in my yard. I decided to bring it in to protect it from the weather over the fall/winter and found that it fit perfectly in the little nook by the door to our garage. I wasn't a big fan of the wood finish so I decided to paint it red, my favorite color. I like things that look old and worn so I took some sand paper to the corners and edges. I don't really care for the hardware on it but I think it is probably original so I am going to leave it. After all was done I shined it up a bit, added a couple accessories and I think it looks GREAT!
I have a whole list of projects I'd like to accomplish this season including painting my interior doors chocolate brown instead of white. I'm not sure if it will work, what do you think?

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Way to go! You just gave me the ambition I need to do the same thing to our ugly dresser that someone randomly gave us when we got married. Our furniture is all pathetic. Lol! I need your creativity, Mindy! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great--you accomplish much more than I do. I just think about it:)