Friday, October 30, 2009

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?

So, in my efforts to become a better housewife, I woke up this morning and made blueberry muffins.....right out of the box. Unfortunately, I should have allowed myself an extra 1/2 hour because we were racing out the door to make it in time for preschool. They must have been good because here is all that was left. My day didn't stop there, since I am also trying to be thrifty I decided to start a little craft project. Is it illegal to recreate crafts you see at, lets say, Quilted Bear? Well, I did this little project for $0 because I had all the supplies I needed at home. First I asked Robbie to cut three blocks of 2x4 to my desired lengths from a piece of scap wood.
Canyon was very helpful. He sanded the wood with me to make it smooth so we wouldn't get any slivers.
Then he helped me paint just the front of the blocks. I'm really not sure how his dad would feel about his involvement in making "crafts" but his interest stopped here so there is no need to worry.
Then I printed off the words I was to paint onto the blocks. I cut these letters out so I could trace them onto the blocks. That took some time......
.....but not as long as it took to hand paint the letters. After I painted on the words I sanded over the entire thing to rough it up.
I painted a little saltbox house on the small block and stack them like this. I thought they turned out perfect. Now I just need to find the perfect place to display them.
My next project is to do something with this old wash tin I found out in the field. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Stop it Mindy!!!! Your killing me! lol! I want to be creative and crafty, and my self esteem is being stomped on looking at all your amazing projects!!! :)