Friday, October 30, 2009

When Mama's Happy, Everyone's Happy


So this week I have had a new ambition.....to turn off the darn T.V. and become a better wife, mother, and homemaker. Yes, much of my blame goes directly to that 56" enormous television that sits in my family room. I turn that thing on and it just sucks me in for the rest of the day. Good heavens, I don't know what I would do without my DVR!!! It's almost as bad as my addiction to PEPSI(which I am just not ready to give up yet). I really need to limit my recordings to General Hospital, Dr. Phil, Oprah, Dancing With the Stars, Biggest Loser.....STOP, STOP, STOP! That is only half of my recordings list! You can see that this has gotten out of hand. Now instead of going directly for the remote each morning I am going to turn on some good music-Micheal Buble is my current favorite-and get started doing something productive. I know this will make my life easier which will make my family's life easier. I cannot create the atmosphere I desire in my home if my attention is on things that really don't matter. It has been a couple of days since this new mindset set in and so far so good. I've been playing games with my kids, doing puzzles, reading, and my kitchen has stayed clean...which is a miracle!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally can relate to this post. I always have to turn it off anyway because of what's on the darn thing--Maggie cathces EVERYTHING!!!! So who knows--I've even thought about not having the satellite anymore. Good Luck, forget about the Pepsi, it's your only reward for making it through another day:)

Lacey Sue said...

we get all of 4 channels.. T.v. holds no interest for me ;) But movies on the other hand...hehehehe..that's a whole different ball game!!!!

Rachel said...

Can't say that TV sucks me in...but I understand the need to find some BALANCE in life. There are things that don't matter as much that I put way too much time in. I, too, LOVE Michael Buble...since day one. "Crazy Love" CD has been playing constantly since it came out. :) That's funny...two things I will ALWAYS link to you: General Hospital and Pepsi.

Anonymous said...

I so can relate to this. A few years ago, and 2 babies ago, I was convicted by God on the TV thing. And every once in a while I catch myself. I love LMN--Lifetime Television for Women. I could watch their movies all day long. But, I needed to break myself away. I wasn't being productive. So I did it. Now I rarely watch daytime tv, I don't even miss it. I put on my Steven Curtis Chapman and work away, now I am so productive.
My reward is Diet Dr. Pepper